VES “RS series” Fire Alarm Control Panels are capable of strobe synchronization without additional hardware or software.The synchronization function can be activated on either NAC channel (or both) and supports Wheelock, Gentex, System Senor and Amseco families of strobes (see our manual for exact models).
Our synchronization capabilities allow you to program the horn / strobes in one of two methods.
When the alarm silence button is activated:
When the strobe silence option is not selected:
When the strobe silence option is selected:
Set-up of this capability is easy and straightforward. The options may be selected through VES Discovery On-Line programming, Loop Explorer PC programming or through the soft keys of the RS panel.
eSP Discovery Programming Method
1. Right click on NAC 1 or NAC 2.
2. Select “Configure Device”.
3. In the “Strobe box”, upper right corner, select “Continuous Output”.
4. The box below will change to “Sync Protocol”.
5. Select the proper vendor for the installed strobe devices.
A. Strobe Silence option via eSP Discovery.
Loop Explorer Programming Method
1. Select the plus sign next to the RS panel to gain access to the panel loop(s) and I/O functions.
2. Select the plus sign next to the I/O function to view all I/O functions.
3. Right click on “Notification Output” 1 or 2 and select “edit settings”.
4. In the “Configure Output Settings” box, place a check (select) “Strobe Output” box.
5. After the selection above, the AUX 24V DC box (below) will change to “Sync Protocol”.
6. Use the pull down menu to choose the proper vendor for the installed devices.
A. Strobe Silence option via Loop Explorer.
Panel Soft Keys Programming Method
1. Access Level 3
2. Edit configuration
3. Edit I/O
4. Edit Panel I/O
5. Edit Panel Outputs
6. NAC Circuit (Choose NAC 1 or 2)
7. Output Attributes
8. Set strobe output = Yes and press ENTER
9. Go back to “Edit Panel Output” menu (press the 4 key).
10. Scroll down to “Set Synchronization Protocol”.
11. Use the #1 and #3 buttons to scroll through the vendor menu. Press ENTER to select the proper protocol.
A. Strobe Silence option via the front of the RS panel.
1. Under “Edit Panel Output Menu” (item 9 above) select “Set Silencing Options”.